Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time to beat the heat

This week we are having a little cold snap.  I think the high will only get up to around 97 or so.  (I am being sarcastic.  Just in case you didn't get it.)

But, last week, it was REALLY hot!  We were setting records for the heat.  There is still plenty of work to do outside, though, and my only option was to get out early.  The time stamp on these photos is 5:11 AM!


I think we need to start a new saying, "As curious as a chicken."  May not have the ring to it that "As curious as a cat" does, but around here it is more accurate.  What they were asking me was, "What did you bring me?"  I save my fresh food scraps for them and rarely go out empty-handed.  They love it when I give them egg shells, carrot peels, leftover beans or cracker crumbs.


I just love the color that a magnolia blossom gets as it is fading away.  Such a rich color.


I turned the water on the garden and then just stood there to hear the tsch, tsch, tsch of the sprinkler.  That is one of the true sounds of summer.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment