Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Last week I woke up knowing that two of our grandchildren were coming to play with me.  And so I did what all good grandmothers do - I mopped the floors.  Don't you hate it when your grandkid's knees and socks get all grimy and all they did was play on your floor?  Well, I got the floors clean and not just two, but FIVE grandkids came to play!  Two stayed for the day, and three for just a little while, but I was able to corral them into one chair for a photo shoot.


When I see them all together I feel so blessed.

But when I look into each child's face and see them as the person that they are and the person they will be, I am so full of love.  That is one of the great blessings of being a grandparent.  We have been through a cycle of watching a baby grow into an adult.  So now I can look at Daniel, or Bella, or Lily, or Bennett, or Jonathan and have a real glimpse of who they will be when they are 10 and 20 and 30.  I don't just love the little person they are now.  I love the adult they will become.

And I am thankful for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment