Monday, March 14, 2011

River's Up!

The river is up at our house.  And it is really exciting.  Sort of like the exciting feeling you get when there is a tornado watch.  Either something terrible could happen or you just get a little something different to think about in your day.  If you know what I mean.



This is part of the drive to the house.  Take a left just past the flood and you'll be on another muddy road which leads to me.  To the right of this road is town.  To the left is the river.  The reason there is water on the right is because of all of the rain flowing out of town to the river.  The reason there is water on the left is because there is too much rain for the size of our river.  Most days in the year, this is a very narrow, shallow stream.


You might be surprised at how much trash a flood brings.  This picture was taken about 30 feet from my back door.  I can testify that people who throw their plastic soda bottles in the river mostly drink out of green bottles.  They prefer Mountain Dew.

David put the kayak in behind the house


This is  Shiloh swimming.  She loved that David was out in the kayak and got in with him.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's exciting too in a really weird way. I love seeing the water up. I'm also glad Shiloh is still swimming since there were concerns about her earlier.

    ReplyDelete