Friday, March 25, 2011

On the road again

I will be driving 13 hours today and here are some thoughts:

1.  On my way to Oklahoma earlier this week I realized that I was in control of a very large, very heavy, motorized vehicle, barreling down the interstate at (about) 70 mph.  This is a legal activity for 16 year old people to do, also.  Can this be safe?

2.  When I thought about how strange it is that 16 year old people can drive motorized weapons on a road, I got out my camera and took a picture of the road.  I know that wasn't safe.  I won't do it again.

3.  I will be driving across the Mississippi River into Memphis today and right now that mighty river is miles wide.  Really.  I took a picture of that, too, but I won't post it due to its unsafe nature.

4.  When we checked on airplane ticket prices for me to fly to OKC last week, the price was $1,350 round trip.  Now you can get a ticket for about $700.  That, my friends, is the cost of spring break.

5.  At the end of my 826 mile journey is a Dead End.  Also known as Home.





No comments:

Post a Comment