Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Granola in my yogurt


I have become a fan of getting a yogurt parfait when I am at a fast-food place.  I figured out, though, that the reason I like it is not because of the nutritious fruit and yogurt, but because of the crunchy granola.  Since I eat a fair amount of vanilla yogurt at home I decided to make my own granola.

I think mine must be way too healthy because it doesn't taste nearly as good as the McDonald's version.  Most of the sweetener in mine is honey - maybe that is the problem.  It also got a little too brown in the oven.  

Other than that, it is a reasonable first attempt.  When I find a better, more tasty recipe, I will share!

1 comment:

  1. our neighbor makes some good granola, their son eats it almost every day for breakfast ... I'll see if I can get you her recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete