Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Roast Chicken Month

September is National Chicken Month.  I know this only because my youngest sister told me.  Not because any of these girls mentioned it.



Now close your ears, girls, because the tagline after National Chicken Month is....Taste the Possibilities.

A couple of weeks ago I read an article that mentioned some top chefs who would choose a roast chicken as their last meal.  Ina Garten has said that her husband's favorite meal is roast chicken.  So, to celebrate Chicken Month, and to find out just how good one can possibly be, I am planning to roast a chicken each week.



Last night I cooked the first one.  I adapted a this recipe I found on FoodNetwork.com and it was delicious!  The secret of this recipe seems to be using enough salt.  You salt the bird when you first bring it home - inside and out - and then add more salt just before cooking.

If you want your house to smell like you are a fabulous cook, then I would recommend roasting a chicken!  When you taste it, you will know you are a great cook!








No comments:

Post a Comment