Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Misty morning

We drove home yesterday in beautiful weather!  For most of the day we were under perfectly sunny skies and very comfortable temperatures.  Somewhere in Mississippi we got into the first rain bands from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee.  The wind was a little gusty, but we were not in hard rain.  Which is good, because I really don't like driving, or riding, in heavy downpours.  It makes me want to pull over and wait it out.  When you have been in the car for 13 hours the idea of sitting on the side of the road so close to home is not so good!

In an amazing show of self-control, I made it the whole way home without drinking a Coke, eating any fries, or eating even one of the cookies that were in the back of the truck!

When we have windy weather here at home, our beautiful moss in the trees becomes ugly moss on the ground.  Keeping it picked up is a big job all winter long.  To Shiloh, it just looks like a comfortable place to rest.



I took these pictures from inside the house today and I am sure Shiloh didn't see me.  Because she would NEVER want me to know that she snuggles with cats!

I knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment