Friday, August 5, 2011

Smoothie thoughts

A few weeks ago we had a conversation with a woman who swears that her Vitamix is the best thing since sliced bread.  I listened to her talk about how she makes smoothies in her Vitamix.  She throws in spinach and peas just for fun!  She throws in the watermelon seeds with the watermelon and the Vitamix just chews those things right up!  And watermelon seeds are so full of zinc!  (Yawn.)  And she has lost 8 pounds since she bought her Vitamix!

Wait...  I'm awake.

Lost 8 pounds?

Next thing I know, I am on the internet researching Vitamix machines.  They are super-powerful blenders, used by all the top chefs, blend so fast that the heat generated by the blending can make ready-to-eat soup (the soup actually gets hot), and they make great smoothies.

And they cost $500.  For a smoothie maker.

SO, with the losing 8 pounds still in my head, I decided to pull out my $30 blender and see what it would do.  I haven't graduated to spinach and watermelon seeds, but my beginner efforts are really yummy and healthy.  We started out with bananas, strawberries, frozen blueberries, vanilla yogurt, a spoon of orange juice concentrate, a little apple juice, and some ice.


I'm sure hoping that it isn't the spinach in the smoothie that causes the weight loss.  I think I had better keep doing my workout DVD just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment