Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beware the random comment



Thursday evening I said one of my crazy, random thoughts.  This is how the thought became words:

It was too hot and too late for a cup of coffee, but I wanted one.
Daryl went on a fishing trip last weekend.
He drove through New Orleans.
We went to New Orleans together about 30 years ago.
While we were there we went to Cafe Du Monde.
Cafe Du Monde is famous for French press coffee and beignets.

And out of my mouth popped, "I think it is time for you to take me back to the Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets."

Usually this type of offbeat, quirky, out-of-the blue comment leads to discussion of trips we'd enjoy taking -- one day in the future.

That's not where the conversation went on Thursday night.  That Thursday night Daryl just said, "Okay!"

And, as fast as you can say, "Who Dat?", we had a plan!

Cafe Du Monde, here we come!






No comments:

Post a Comment