Monday, February 14, 2011

Why ask Why?

Lily turned 3 last month.  So we begin the year of "Why?"

A three year old wants to know the answer to, "Why?"  In fact, that is their most used word!  And they want to know the 'why' of absolutely everything.

When we were with Lily recently, she asked the question so much that it became hilarious!

Why are you going upstairs?
Why do you want to sit with me?
Why are you putting wood on the fire?
Why are we going outside?
Why are we going to eat breakfast?

It's refreshing to me to think about why I do the things I do.  Much of the time, I am on auto-pilot.  When I am with her, I say out loud the 'why'.  And sometimes there is absolutely no reason to do something.  Or maybe a really good reason.  But I think about it.  And most of the time, Lily really doesn't know why.  She's learning.

I love 3 year olds!  And it really wasn't too difficult to get a picture of her asking, "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment