Sunday, February 27, 2011

Most Beautiful Music

I keep a short list of songs that are beautiful to me.  It isn't really a list of my favorite songs, just the ones that are so beautiful that they move me.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Pie Jesu is one of those.  It is part of a requiem - a musical composition for a funeral.  I first heard the song sung by Sarah Brightman many years ago .  And while I prefer her version, she is a little distracting to watch on video so I chose Charlotte Church.  As in the original version, a young boy sings the harmony.  Just beautiful.

Enjoy.


Pie Jesu (English)

Merciful Jesus, Merciful Jesus, Merciful Jesus, Merciful Jesus
You who take away the sins of the world
Grant them peace
Grant them everlasting peace
[ Lyrics from: http:/arah_brightman/pie_jesu_english.html ]
Lamb of God, lamb of God, lamb of God, lamb of God
You who take away the sins of the world
Grant them peace
Grant them everlasting peace
Everlasting, peace everlasting


No comments:

Post a Comment