Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things I learned from a blanket

Sarah brought a piece of fabric to me that had a map of the world printed on it.  She wondered if I could make it into a little blanket.  So I did.  After a little encouragement from Jonathan.  I had the fabric for about a month and then we had this conversation:

Jonathan:  Minnie, when are you going to make my map blanket?

Me:  I don't know.  When do you want me to make it?

Jonathan:  I think tomorrow would be good.

So I made the blanket.
Here it is when it was just a piece of fabric.
Finished!

Now, on to what I learned:

1.  No wonder there have been World Wars in Europe!
Just look at that picture - there are a lot of people trying to divide up a not so big piece of the world!  You can look back at the big blanket, I mean map, and see that Canada is much larger, but not divided up.  And not one World War there.

2.  "Why is Shiloh able to swim in the river in January?"

Take a close look at the lower middle part of this picture.  It says LABRADOR SEA.  Right beside Greenland and not too far from Iceland.  Shiloh is a Labrador Retriever.  The Labrador Sea must be cold.  Labrador Retrievers can swim in cold water.  AhhHaa!!

That doesn't answer the question, "Why does Shiloh cry when she gets one raindrop on her head?"  The answer to that must be on another map.


No comments:

Post a Comment