Saturday, April 2, 2011

Things about Shiloh



Shiloh has a good life.  She has the run of about 30 acres, she can swim in the creek or the river anytime she wants to, and she can sleep in the house every night.  There are cats for her to chase and cats for her to love.  She has plenty of dog food and her grandparents feed her scraps and bones.  The chickens pretend to be afraid of her when she jumps at them, and she understands her place with the horses.

When Shiloh was young we tried to teach her to retrieve.  We started throwing a ball to her because her mother had been a master at ball retrieval.  Shiloh just didn't understand the point of it all and ignored us.  We gave up.

I have never seen Shiloh have a bad attitude.  She doesn't like some cats, but she has a right to that.  I don't like some of them, either.

Shiloh is afraid of bad weather.  Several years ago lightening struck an oak tree close to the house and knocked out several of our appliances.  I wasn't home when it happened, but it must have been scary.  Maybe that is when her fear began.

She has survived three snakes bites.  Because of this, she hates snakes as much as I do.  If she finds one, she will bark a very definite bark that can be interpreted, "BRING A GUN!  QUICK!"

She is my constant companion when I'm outside.  I love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. There is almost nothing like having an animal that you love. There are so many things in life that we can't count on. But in mine, there are two. God and Admiral. My dog is always happy, happy to be alive, to see me, to see food, to chase a ball, to accept whatever attention I give him without whining. Nothing compares to God, but he did a fine job when he created labs. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete