Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Other things about Shiloh

Just in case I painted the picture of a perfect dog in my last post about Shiloh, I would like to paint an accurate portrait.  She is far from perfect.

Shiloh will dig a hole everywhere and anywhere.  Especially in your flower beds right after you have worked in them all day.

If you are on a walk with Shiloh and a pack of dogs comes out of the woods, looking a little fierce, she will run home without you before you can blink.

If she decides to spend the night outside she will protect you from deer, possums, raccoons, and cats.  And she will do this by barking very loudly just outside your bedroom window.

She brought home a dead baby beaver one day.  I'm not sure how she happened to be in the possession of a baby beaver or how that beaver became dead.

She refuses to walk on a leash.  I know this is my fault for not training her better when she was young, but I can tell you that there is no teaching this old dog any new tricks.

So, there you have it -- the whole truth about Shiloh.  I still love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the two baby kittens she brought to us all! That girl needs to have her own litter, then maybe she'd stop stealing everyone elses babies. Too bad she's spade.

    ReplyDelete