Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday inspiration

I am always looking out for good music to listen to when I exercise.

Here is one of my favorites.


The message of the song has proven to be true for me:  pain in this life makes me stronger.  And, as a running song, the message is equally powerful:

     The pain ain't gonna last forever
     In time it's gonna get better.
     Believe me, this is gonna make you stronger.

I prefer the radio version of the song to this video.  There just seems to be more power to it.

I have been a fan of Mandisa since her American Idol days.  She is a person who was obviously overweight and handled with grace some mean comments from Simon Cowell.  Mean things like they were going to need to build a bigger stage if she was a contestant.  When she had an opportunity, she said that his comments were very hurtful, but that she forgave him because of what Jesus had done for her.  In an unpopular move, she sang the song, Shackles (Praise You), on the American Idol stage.  I am a fan!

:  :  :  :  : 

Later today, Daryl and I are flying off to Amsterdam for a week's vacation. The forecast is for rain every day and highs in the low 60's.  We have packed rain jackets and umbrellas and a little rain won't stop us!  We may see the inside of more coffee shops than we would otherwise, but we'll have fun no matter what.

Not "coffee shops", but coffee shops.  In Amsterdam, "coffee shops" sell marijuana.  I sure hope I don't get confused and spend some time in the wrong shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment