Friday, July 1, 2011

Key Lime


I made a Key Lime pie this week for one of Daryl's clients.  It is so simple and I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Key Lime Pie

1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup Key Lime juice

Stir together the Eagle Brand and egg yolks.  Add the lime juice.  Pour into a pie crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Use any type crust you like, but I make mine out of Keebler graham cracker crumbs  using the instructions on the box.

Let the pie cool on the counter top for a while, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.

For the whipped cream on top, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream together with 1/3 cup of powdered sugar until it looks like it does in the picture.  Not really!  I hope you and I both can make it prettier next time!

Some people add green food coloring to Key Lime Pie.  I guess that is because they think it should be green since the outside of a lime is green.  The juice isn't green, though, and I like mine to be the natural color.

That's it!  It is a perfect dessert in the summer since it is cool and simple.  

And it reminds me that I really want to go to Key West one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment