Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One of those days

Last Saturday was one of those perfect days.  The weather was breezy and warm so we spent a lot of the day outside.
 
Jonathan was with us.  He gathered eggs and then delivered the eggs to his great-grandparents.  Scout went with him.
 
 
Later in the day I took a few  pictures of Jonathan.  Usually, I don't let the grass get this tall and crazy, but this year, I just don't seem to care as much.  In past years, the tall grass has been like noise in my head.  This year, though, I am enjoying the red and white flowers on the clover, and I like to see the new spring grass swaying in the breeze.  Maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to spend hours on a lawnmower.   Maybe I'm just loosening up.  Either way, it made a good backdrop.





 
The chickens hadn't spent any time out of their pen, but Saturday just seemed like the right day for a taste of clover.
 
This is a Buff Orpington hen.  She looks just like a chicken out of a children's story book.  This breed is gentle, big, fluffy, and they lay lots of eggs.

 
This chicken is one of the Aracaunas.  They all look a little different, but I don't think I have ever had one with such a funny beard.  This bearded lady lays either a blue or a green egg.


This hen is another Aracauna.  See how different her coloring is?  And how small her brain must be to fit in her head?

 
This is Scout's I-don't-like-chickens face.


The icing on this cupcake of a day was that we put together an impromptu supper (mostly Sarah did), and all of the grandkids and their parents ate dinner here.

These are the good old days...

2 comments:

  1. beautiful beautiful pictures - the colors are amazing. love the "bearded lady" lol! Jonathan had so much fun - wore him out - he went to sleep really quickly that night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT pictures! You guys aren't going to need any professional pics because you are so good! :)

    ReplyDelete