Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First eggs in the claw

We got baby chicks about 6 months ago.  They have grown into beautiful chickens, but up until now they have been too young to lay eggs.  I always begin looking for their first eggs when they are about 6 months old or when the rooster in the mix begins to crow. 

The 'rooster crowing' sign was not a good indicator with this batch of chickens because he has been crowing for a couple of months.  (sigh) 

When I went to feed the girls this evening, though, they had a little gift waiting for me. 

Five little eggs!

I'm such a proud mama and wanted to take a picture of their achievement.  Unfortunately, I was not born to be a hand model.

We have the Dirty Glove Picture...


The Crooked Claw...

 
The Gnarly Claw...
 
 
And the Spread Finger Claw...
 
 
Not one egg was dropped in the chronicling of this event, though.  Claws do come with benefits!



No comments:

Post a Comment