Saturday, March 3, 2012

Banana pancakes for a rainy Saturday morning

So, I was listening to Jack Johnson on the Ipod and I thought, "Banana pancakes must be really yummy if you want to name a song after them."


A few weeks ago I found a recipe for them on Cooks.com and made some for me and Daryl.  They were really good!

Today, when we woke up with three little grandchildren and a rainy morning I knew that banana pancakes were the only thing that would do for breakfast.

 "The more you eat, the happier you are."
                                                      Daniel Greer

Here is how I made them this morning:

Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes

2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups pancake mix
3 eggs, separated
chocolate chips

Stir together the bananas and buttermilk.  Add the pancake mix.  Stir in the egg yolks.  Beat the egg whites until a little frothy, then add to the pancake batter.  I added some more buttermilk to get the consistency right.  Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the pancake after you pour it on the griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment