Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year's blessing

Happy New Year!


I like the sound of 2012 so much better than 2011, don't you?  There's something about prime numbers that doesn't sit quite right with me.  Except for the number 3.  I was born on a 3rd and so that number is okay.  And, in case you didn't know, 2011 is a sexy prime.  You don't believe me?  Just look here.  It just means that you can either add or subtract 6 from the number to get another prime number.  2011 + 6 = 2017, which is also prime.


Anyway...


The new year has arrived and I'm looking forward to it.  There is so much to do and experience and I'm just glad to be here.


The holiday busyness and family fun took priority over blogging and I have some pictures I want to post, but for today I just wanted to share a couple I took at the hospital last week.


Bennett has a yet-to-be-diagnosed gastrointestinal issue and had to spend a couple of nights in the hospital for observation and to get a blast of IV fluids.  He was unbelievably good for a one-year-old with a tube stuck in his vein.  For the most part he was content to play on the big bed in his room and to go for little walks down the hall.


This picture was taken the first night there and his eyes still had that sunken, dehydrated look to them.




Bennett making his rounds.


When he gets older he will want me to have said that he doesn't usually have a pink blanket.  All of his blue blankies were in the laundry when he had to be admitted.


The doctor let him out late Saturday afternoon.  He has felt better, but we still don't know what caused him to be sick.  When the labs open back up tomorrow, we hope to hear something.


What a blessing, though, that he made it home in time to start a new year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment