Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Day of Simple New Recipes

When I search for something new to cook, or for a basic recipe for a staple like rice, I almost always turn to The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.   The connection I have with this book is strong!  On Saturday I decided to try some new recipes and they were all three really simple and good.



Breakfast:  Country French Omelet

Boil a couple of red potatoes.  When they are tender, cut them into cubes and brown them in a skillet in a little butter.  Scramble some eggs with a little milk or water.  Add chopped chives to the eggs.  In an omelet pan, pour in your egg mixture and make an omelet!  Put the potatoes in the center of the omelet before you fold it over.  You'll be surprised how yummy this is!

Lunch:  Egg Salad BLT

This is nothing more than making egg salad and putting it on a BLT sandwich.  Absolutely delicious!

Supper:  Lemon Basil Grilled Tuna

Grate the rind from one lemon into a bowl.  Add the juice from that lemon, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 1/4 cup of chopped basil.  Mix together and pour over tuna steaks.  Let it marinate for a couple of hours then grill the fish.

I have started making notes in my cookbooks when I make a recipe.  Things like, "This doesn't taste as good as it looks."  Or, "Cooked this the day we had a wedding planning meeting."   Sometimes I just write the date, but I'm always glad that I took the time to do it.

On this day I should have written, "Yummy!  Cook it again soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment